This DVD features short, simple therapeutic yoga practices carefully designed to alleviate pain and promote health in the low back, sacrum and hips.
For the first time ever on DVD, benefit from the expert guidance of Gary Kraftsow, one of the world's leading yoga therapists. Founder of the American Viniyoga Institute, Gary is the designer of the only yoga practices demonstrated to be effective for back pain in a National Institutes of Health-sponsored clinical study.
If you are one of the 8 out of 10 Americans who have or will experience back pain, make the powerful therapeutic practices on this DVD a part of your everyday regimen for health and well-being!
Highlights from this DVD include:
• Presentation on Understanding Back Pain and the application of yoga therapy
• Technique Workshop on how to safely perform postures and movements
• Focused practice for Low Back and Sacrum Therapy (23 minutes)
• Focused practice for Hip Therapy (30 minutes)
• Integrated practice for sustained low back Strength and Stability (31 minutes)
• English Subtitle option for all material
• Bonus MP3s of all practices for audio-only classes at home or on the go
Audience: This DVD is suitable for everyone. No previous yoga experience required.
Focus: Therapeutic yoga practices to alleviate lower back pain
Intensity: Mild intensity; slow-paced movement and breath
Props: None required
Style: Gentle, therapeutic exercises plus lecture and demonstration